Would you trust a person whom you have never seen or heard of before? The rational answer is NO. And that’s precisely why business websites have become crucial in today’s world, where zillions of people, including your business prospects, potential investors, and competitors, are present on the internet. A website is the face of your company on the internet. If you don’t show up, you’re likely to lose trust, control over your brand image and potential customers, thereby impacting growth and revenue. Recent research suggests that six out of ten people visit a website to know about a certain company before buying their product/service for the first time. Therefore, business websites play a vital role in today’s digital world.
What does a business website do?
- It introduces your business to potential customers by sharing relevant details about the company, core team, business offerings, vision and mission, and, oh wait, the benefits that you can add to their lives!
- It markets your products as it talks about the salient features and benefits of each product and service.
- With the help of sections such as Contact Us and chatbots, it allows your customer to interact with you and reach out with their purchase queries.
- It can even provide a platform where your customers can directly or indirectly purchase your products and services.
The points mentioned above cover only the basic aspects of a business website. It can do a lot more than you can imagine. Next, we’ll look at some more reasons why it’s important to have a website for your business.
Validates your presence:
This point may have gotten repeated by now, but your business website is the digital face of your business. It is social proof for everyone that your business exists! Social media is indeed an important tool; however, it may not be enough. Websites build trust as they better validate identity.
Widens your reach:
When your business is out there on the internet, it’s already exposed to potential global reach. With the right marketing skills, you can indulge in worldly affairs sitting at your desk, sipping coffee! Do you think it does not work with local products? Well, several ‘local’ products have grown to global brands because their websites allowed them to think globally and act locally.
Your business website is a head honcho of the sales team that works 24×7 for your business to capture leads. Besides, you can always display the latest offers and discounts to push sales. Your website primarily assists sales managers in creating a pipeline that can bring conversions.
What should be done to achieve increased sales through a website?
1. Your home page may be simple, but offer a dedicated section for information.
2. Offer 24×7 customer support so that customers can reach out to you at their convenience.
3. Target untapped markets to capture new leads while you maintain healthy client relations with old customers.
Strategic promotion of the website can bring relevant traffic that creates leads. The best part is that your product can reach your exact target audience without spending a hefty amount. Most importantly, SEO techniques can bring your website to search engine results.
Helps you withstand competition:
It’s a harsh truth that if it’s not your product, it’s somebody else’s. People can easily look for alternate options and turn to your competitors. However, with proper competitive analysis and a well-built website, you can strategize pricing, marketing and communicate better brand value propositions to win over the competition.
Additionally, your website offers key customer insights to create impactful marketing and business strategies that highlight your brand message and grab customer attention. As a result, you can stay ahead of the competition.
You created a website! Is it the end of the story? No!
All the above benefits are indeed true. Notwithstanding, your website yields larger benefits when you combine it with an impactful digital marketing strategy. Without a proper marketing strategy, your online existence is purposeless.
So, a few tips before we end:
Since today’s customers have become better aware of alternate options available to them, you can influence how they choose using the right digital marketing strategy.
- Create a skilled team of digital marketing professionals or find a marketing partner who can help bring relevant traffic to your website.
- If you already have a website that is yet to be rightly shaped, running a digital audit could be a great restart.
- Employ SEO techniques to build a strong web presence. Social Media marketing is always a huge help. Make use of market research and customer insights wherever possible.
- Last but not least, a website lets you control how your customers may talk about your business. Don’t take branding lightly. It’s a tool for the long road.
The perfect combination of a well-built website and robust marketing strategies can do wonders for your business! Your way forward is to decide how you want your website to be. How do you want to tell your brand story?
Research. Strategize. Execute.
The online world will embrace your presence and bring loyal customers to your website.
Growth Media Strategy can help businesses drive sales with creative and custom strategies involving website and digital marketing. Contact us at (306) 620-8799 to learn more about how we can assist you!